Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, LITTLE Town of Man-Hat-In...

The concert hall where my dad sang a solo as a youth. He always said, "Come talk to me when you have sang a solo at Carnegie Hall."

After leaving the swell Christmas party at the British Consul General's residence in the East 50's, Lana and I cabbed it over to Carnegie Hall for the McGarrigle Family Christmas Hour. It was actually more like three hours. And this was some family consisting of sisters Kate and Anna McGarrigle and Kate's kids Rufus and Martha Wainwright. They were joined by cousins, aunts and friends to celebrate Christmas joy. The friends who dropped by to sing in one of the most famous concert halls in the world were people like Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson, Emmylou Harris, Justin Bond and Jimmy Fallon. It was an excellent night of song and family fun.

Lana and I saw Mark Shaiman in the lobby and then Stephen Fry crossing the street afterwards. A huge crowd turned out for this. It was a fun and festive evening.

I have said it so many times, but this town is so small to me. I knew that FrankPatSeanPeterJohn were going to be there, but I heard a female voice yell "Pat!!" at intermission and it was Theresa with her boyfriend Paul who plays in the pipe band with me! What a hoot. So many worlds collide here in New York. I love when people from one part of my life meet people from another and here was Lana from LA, the boys from New York and Paul from pipe band. Cool.

Paul and Theresa up in the cheaper than us seats! Lovely couple.

Lana and I having our glamour shot
The gang outside the famous hall. Pat, Frank, Pat, Sean, John and Peter.

No comments: