Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Handoff

Unlike the glory of yesterday, it was rainy and cold and foggy and just driech out. Jon, Kurt and I went for lunch at Universal Cafe. It was wonderful and I highly recommend it to locals and visitors alike. We had a great table, excellent food and even the wait outside with central casting multi-cultural urbanites and free coffee was delightful.

They drove me to my sister's house to begin the Christmas packing and trek to the Russian River aerie for the hols. A wonderful handing over of...me. As my sister says, I am George Bailey, the richest man in the world, truly blessed with great friends and family.


The trip to Forestville required two cars and expert packing. In the rain. Eileen and I drove up in one car with Rick and the kids in the other. It was a good time for E and me to catch up.

We all arrived safely and it was so much fun to be up in this misty Brigadoon and crank the heat and get all Brawny paper towel cozy in flannel and sweats.

The 5 of us watched "Elf" for the first time. It was wonderful. I only admit here that I cried during it. Will Ferrell was note perfect. A great, fun Christmas movie.

And to all a good night.

No comments: