Thursday, December 11, 2008

Real Men Priests. HOT.

After my post gum surgery appointment on Central Park South I met Lana at Cafe Metro on 52nd street. It was a bitter cold day. It felt today like 5th Avenue was right on the North Sea. The cold just went right through you.

While doing the Christmas window thing on the sadly sparse 5th Avenue we popped into the magnificent St. Patrick's Cathedral. Much to my annoyance the Catholic Church has a new AD CAMPAIGN ala the US ARMY where they are recruiting and looking for a few good "Real Men." I kid you not. They even have a website www.nypriest.com

Above is the poster that they have inside the cathedral. The implication is clear and oddly/ironically erotic. They do not want homos. NO HOMOS. I guess they have confused HOMOS with pedophiles and, well, UNreal men. Pedophile priests have cost the Catholic Church a pretty pedophile penny in lawsuits since the church got busted after years of knowingly transferring pedophile priests from parish to parish to molest a fresh batch of kids.

I suppose if you can blame the 50% divorce rate on the homos you can blame the church's shame on homos too.

Here is one of the FAQs on the site: (and again, I kid you not. Look it up yourself at www.nypriest.com)

I like girls. Isn't that incompatible with priesthood?


It is a good thing to like girls. The question is whether God offers you the grace to put aside the intimacy proper to the relationship of husband and wife, in order to take up a type of spiritual fatherhood in which you love a whole parish of people inclusively in a spiritual, non physical way. As a spiritual father, you spiritually raise the untold numbers of children in God’s family.

Timmy, liking girls is a GOOD thing. It shows you are not DISORDERED. You are NORMAL. NOW take that like for girls and if you have the calling, repress it. But if you like boys, we do not want you. You are sick. And you though are exactly like a huge many of the priests we already have in the church - meaning...you are GAY, Timmy, we no longer are taking in homos. I guess we are grandfathering in the queers we already have, but no new ones so take your disorder down the street to the Episcopalians.

My goal in the new year is to let go of caring one note about the Catholic Church. THEY are disordered as far as I am concerned and I just want to no longer be concerned. My work that I have ahead of me I guess.