Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Airport

What a gauntlet to get to JFK.  I got on the A train at 14th Steet with a suitcase, a computer and a set of bagpipes all for one low fare of $2.25 to JFK. (there will be a $5 charge ahead for the airtrain, but at $7.25 this is the way to go.)  It seems I always try this at rush hour.  Loads of people and I have what looks like trunks for an Atlanitc crossing right at the door of the subway since there are no seats.  I become one of those people I hate, but there was nothing that could be done.

I got to the airport and the queue for the baggage check (AFTER getting my boarding pass and having the nice lass allow me on with overweight baggage!) was around the block. They finally moved us to 3 other screeners before we got through.  I left my house at 5:45 and was at the gate at 8:15pm.  

This is all very fascinating.  But I am here and ready to fly to the old country and see the rels.  Excited.

No comments: