Wednesday, May 26, 2010

6th Street Kitchen

As one of the most oft-read blogs in New York (remember: create your own perception!),  I am a go-to guy for plugging what is hot and new in this town.

After my appearance at the Producer's Guild party, Ron and I headed to the East Village to the former sight of the popular OG Restaurant.  Chris Genoversa who was co-owner of the shuttered (and wonderful) Pan-Asian bistro has opened an easy-going yet lovely comfort food emporium in the same space called 6th Street Kitchen.

The name and the food are straight forward.  It is the kind of place you "pop in" to to have a burger or a Chorizo Manchego Slider with Aioli!  (Now that sounds amazing! I want that the next time I am in.)

Chris is an affable and easy-going fella who is excited about his new venture.   It was great to talk to him about it like we were neighbors chatting over the fence.  The staff is youthful, the food is comfortable, yet inventive, but not precious.

I loved LOVED the Deviled Eggs with Lardon and the Calabrese Pork and Veal Meatballs.  The brownie with coffee ice cream really hit the spot.  Excellent coffee too.

I will be back.

No comments: