Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Soho

My arty Soho street shot.


In my continued (from yesterday) quest for knowledge and adventure and glamour and whatever else I can Hoover up, I went to Apple's chi-chi Soho Store to take some classes. I got off the Broadway/Lafayette stop and wondered why I didn't pop down here more often. It was so easy. Part of my fear of feeling like I am too provincial in New York City...I don't go below 57th and the Park.

Soho was so-so as I noticed so many empty storefronts and FOR LEASE signs in this terminally trendy part of Manhattan. Zoinks!

I really enjoyed my two hour long classes and I am learning SO much more about the Mac, but there is SO much and it goes so fast that cool ways to have it snow on your dashboard and change the template of your address book just dropped out of my head. And I am sure my written notes are illegible.

But I did learn how to do a screen grab on my iphone! I changed my wallpaper to a delightful and sunny and bright photo of me and my pal Teresa living life in Long Beach, CA. And here it is!! How cool is that?

Notice the song I was playing and the title. SO unintentional, but perfect. Teresa and the sky make me happy. As do all of you!!! xo p

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

So funny--when I lived there for most of the time I didn't go above 23rd street. Even when I lived uptown I'd take the train down. I love Housing Works book shop by that stop...didn't we go there?