Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All in a Daze Non Work

Went up to to Harlem again today to Workforce 1. The clearing house of the unemployed. Where the flotsam and jetsam of the disillusioned gather. But we hang together. We hang together in desks with attached tables we haven't sat in since high school. Miss Jones took us through orientation which basically required her to read WORD FOR WORD off the PowerPoint presentation. (How much do YOU get an hour, Miss Jones?)

Kelly wore a smart business suit. Miguel the same. Sandy wore a black bra over a grey t-shirt. Not too smart in my opinion. But maybe we'll all end up being strippers and she has it right. My contribution was shaving. I shaved.

Israel called my name and I went to his desk. He said I needed to meet with a career counselor which is what I would have told him about 2 hours earlier. But, hey, you gotta follow the procedures. So I go back tomorrow. At 2.

And I was told I don't qualify for food stamps.

No comments: