Friday, March 20, 2009

Harlem Spring

The first day of Spring and as I threw open my sash what to my wondering eyes should appear?

Tons and tons of the most beautiful, fat snowflakes you ever did see drifting down as if they hadn't been told.

I was thrilled, but then remembered I had to go to 125th Street. I wanted to stay home and write a novel and watch the weather outside stay there.

But I bundled and got up to Harlem and it was MAGNIFICENT! What a great adventure. Travelling in New York takes no time; you just think it does.

This is not your father's Harlem. It is exciting and safe and mixed and clean. I want to go back and spend more time. In the REAL Spring.



The Historic Apollo Theater on 125th.
New York? Or Hollywood backlot?


Harriet watches o'er this three way intersection. See the snow?!

1 comment:

Criticlasm said...

She looks like she means business.