Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday in the Park with Pat

Such a rut I am in already in this town! I woke up, put on some excellent to me music on my ipod with speakers, padded into the kitchen to make coffee. Then out to the private patio for a looksee at the lovely clear blue sky and the majetic water towers which still amaze me. Good coffee, music, sun and porridge. A perfect rut.

Set off for Central Park and had a great chat with my sister Eileen who is just back form England where she was working. Amazingly lovely day. Loads of people enjoying the park. It was a thrill. I got a woman to take my photo in front of the Sherry Netherland Hotel where I worked as a security guard 25 years ago!



I then carried on all the way down to the Village. On the way down 5th, I walked by this church where Norman Vincent Peale was the minister. I took the picture because I just love him. I have listened to him on CD and he is just the most positive, upbeat guy who is not preachy. He is just lovely. I had no idea he was in New York. It made my day to see his statue standing there. A sign!





Had lunch in Chinatown. Roast pork, cabbage and rice $3.75! Excellent.



Then back up to Lincoln Center for Ecofest - The Environmental Festival.





I know Eileen and my friend Alexandra would love this. Alexandra lives in London and has a wonderfully excellent ecoblog. I must link to her right after I learn how to do such things! I heard some great jazz and had some pomegranate seaweed sludge drink. Yummy! I threw the cup on the ground and headed for ...

The subway with my newly purchased monthly pass. Look Daddy, I am a New Yorker now!



Had a few minutes at home and then took my bagpipes to the park WHICH IS RIGHT BY MY FLAT!! I played pipes in the park for about an hour. They and I are a bit rusty so it was a good work out. I include the self-portrait for my friend Scott so he knows I am playing. But where do New Yorkers play their bagpipes year 'round? Will Julliard lend me a room? What does one do? I will have to figure this out? I would love to play at the launderette, but I think that will not happen.





And back home:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wwwwoooowwww! Blue blue sky with wispy clouds. I haven't seen those since Portland! Good on ya for piping in the park, posing for photos in the park, and ecofesting in the park.

Stu Maddux said...

Hi Patrick:
I feel like I am there. Have a good 1st day at the office!

Criticlasm said...

Good on you for littering! Now you're a true New Yorker. All this and cheap food, too. Looking forward to hearing about the first day.

And link by using html tags
1.type a < then a=href
2.then the site you want to link to in quotations "site name"
3. then another > to finish the link
4. type the text you'd like to be the link you click on
5. type < then / then a> (no spaces)to close it. I can't do it compactly as it would look, since it tells me there is a closing tag with no opening--eep.

Tony Westbrook said...

That's my church Patrick, Marble Collegiate on 29th and 5th. We'll have to go together one Sunday.
1115-1230 take the NRW to 28th.