Saturday, September 29, 2007

My first FULL day in my new town.






New York coffee with filters imported from California. Yes, I brought filters, but no shampoo! I put on music. French, I think. opened the door to my patio and looked out. Ahhhh. Had porridge. Lovely.

My friend Nicole called and wondered if I had eaten. I lied and said no. We met at Jackson Hole on 80something and Columbus. So good to see her. Another California transplant. We had a lovely breakfast and a chat. She taught me about the monthly pass. More important than all of this was the fact that this was the place where Jennifer Aniston got started. Sort of a Schwabs East.

Went to the Acorn on 42nd Street to see my friend Paul Clausen perform in a play called The Yellow Road which is part of The New York Musical Theatre Festival. It was great to see him. I was proud of him. The play was directed by San Franciscan BD Wong. He sat two seats away from me. My first star sighting here this go round. The last performance is Monday, 1 October. If you are in town go see it.

The woman sitting on the other side of me turned out to be a good friend of Paul's and the three of us went out to lunch. And she is a Broadway STAR! She will open on Broadway in January in "In the Heights" Her name is Olga Merediz pictured here. Go see her show! What a great time it was with them today. I ended up walking back up to my place and enjoyed the whole trip. I even walked by where I am starting work on Monday on Broadway at 51st.

2 comments:

Tony Westbrook said...

Awesome!!! Sounds like HP all around. Welcome to the BEST CITY!!! Well, ONE of the BEST CITIES.
You're on your way!
See ya soon fellow LA transplant!

Alexandra Boyd said...

Can't wait to come and visit from London!! That couch looks very comfy! You sound so happy and full of great (deserved) expectations!!
Can't wait to read more, Sundance Kid!!