Wednesday, September 26, 2007

26 September. I Left LA.

Odd feeling not having one. I just left. The hardest part was saying goodbye to my dear pal and neighbor, Marian. We have been good friends since the day I set foot on Terra Micheltorena. I hope we rendezvous in Pittsburg! The good fortune to have good friends help continued. Patrick (the one other than me) immediately offered to drive up with me. We said goodbye to Marian and Patrick's partner Russ and drove off Micheltorena in our 10 Foot U-Haul and up THE 5. What a great visit. Again it s hard to ask a friend to spend the day with you on the Interstate going one way unless you have a U-Haul with your stuff in it. Otherwise I think it is a pass. We had good chat, fast food and an easy ride. First we dropped my leather chair and foot rest and outdoor table at my brother Sean's in Oakland. I got to see my brother and his wife, Leiyan and wee Oonagh and John. Priceless. Then over the Bay Bridge in traffic to Eileen and Rick's in SF where they were/are kind enough to house all my worldly possessions under their house! It is funny how one cannot throw out journals and photos, yet one only looks at them when transporting them to another locale. But it is my history and I hope to one day go through it. I thank Eileen and Rick for being my archivists. Truly.

No comments: