Thursday, September 20, 2007

Prep for Moving Sale


I have lived in one apartment for the past 12.5 years as I have mentioned. A lot of stuff got shoved on those shelves and in those drawers. I had a lot of books and Cd's and DVDs and a bagpipe figurine collection to deal with. When I decided to take the chance I knew that I would not sublet as my apartment and I needed to move on. I also knew that most of my furniture needed to be enjoyed by others. I wanted to realize my dream of keeping "Only what I needed and what I absolutely loved." This was hard, but necessary. I burned my whole CD collection onto my itunes and sold most of my CDs at Amoeba. I boxed a few boxes of books and said faretheewell to the rest and sold them to the wonderful Brand Books in Glendale. And besides all the excellent help from friends, I could not have done this move without Craigslist. I sold most of my furniture on Craislist, I found my sublet in New York there, I gave away FREE stuff on the site, and I got FREE moving boxes. The world's bulletin board. Amazingly effective.

No comments: