Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scotland my ain other haim...

Tonight I was invited to a evening at the Boathouse in Central Park, the site of my fantastic Easter brunch a few days ago.  It was an event put on by the Scottish Government to promote her (?) business and culture.  What a stunning setting it was and another grrrrrrrrreat event. 

Jim Mather, the Scottish Minister of Enterprise, Energy and Tourism spoke and quoted from Alasdiar Gray's Lanark and I almost wept. I met Alasdair in Glasgow at his home when I lived there and he was just the most interesting guy.  (He wrote his ideas on the walls of his flat.  I loved that. )

And I think I wept because I care about all things Scottish, as embarrassing as that sounds.



There was Scottish food and drink in abudance and music and life. I met a load of people and saw some old friends.  I walked out into the dark of the park lit only by the most lovely turn of the century lamps and felt HOPE and POSSIBILITY once again.

When you feel down and stuck, go to a Scottish party!

No comments: