Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene - New York City - LIVE COVERAGE FROM MY BEDROOM


Well, the whole hurricane thing has blown over as it were. I was just on the Skype with a friend in Ireland and she told me my mayor said we were not allowed out until 3pm. I broke the rules and went out earlier than that for a walk.

I have to be honest, I was looking for wreckage. There really wasn't any. I did see a twig had broken off from a tree.




I also saw some busted police tape. No doubt the awful wind or a homeless person seeking shelter.



I walked out to the mighty Hudson River. The water was choppy, but like Vegas wave machine choppy. Not tsunami choppy.



Then I saw parents with their kids playing soccer and people jogging. Something was really wrong. Where is the hurricane? I filled my bathtub with water! I bought extra ice cream!


I must be honest and still give kudos to everyone that told of the complete annihilation that may lay ahead. I think they did a good job and even though it didn't warrant shutting down the subways or Broadway it was a good idea. Much better to react like this than to react like they did with Katrina. So kudos all. And me? Well, I just have some extra bottles of water. No harm. And now foul.

I even met a lovely couple from close to where I lived in LA. She is here because her mum is dying of cancer. I told her about mine and how tough it was but how much she is doing all the right things. Lovely people. I wish her well.

So folks, this about wraps up my Peabody-worthy news coverage of Hurricane Irene Comes to the Big Apple. And the apple didn't fall from the tree, but it was a fun event and thank God really there was minimal damage.

(One tree. Okay, I saw one tree down.)


This just in....3:48 ET and ther wind has really kicked up. I wouldn't be in a skirt out there. (Well today or any day really, but to each his own, but I just mean it is really windy.)

8 comments:

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

whyd you stop?!

mysterious said...

Nicee :) I would be glad if you could look to me :)

Padhma said...


This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again.
Car Wash Services in Mumbai

Unknown said...



شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة شفط الصرف الصحى
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
شركة شراء الاثاث المستعمل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
شركة تنظيف بجازان



Unknown said...


شركة تنظيف بالظهران
شركة تنظيف براس تنورة
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف ببقيق
شركة تنظيف بسيهات
شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالهفوف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر

Unknown said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء والجبيل
تسليك مجاري بالاحساء بالجبيل
تنظيف فلل شقق منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف بابها
شركة تنظيف بالهفوف
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بحفر الباطن

Unknown said...





شركة مكافحة نمل ابيض بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الموكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الفلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف في الدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالدمام
شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالدمام