Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'd Walk a Mile for Some Exercise

The idea goes that you have to have a gym that is convenient or you won't go. This is good, solid thinking. And,in keeping with my life, I chose otherwise. I wrote about this before that there is a perfectly good gym 2 blocks from my house. But I joined the Westside YMCA which is 17 plus blocks from my house.

There are exceptions to everything. And one of those things that bucks sense is heart/gut/soul. I LOVED being a member of the YMCA in Hollywood for so many years and I feel the same sense of community here. I think it is an institution where many members have been coming for years and that creates something special. There is something about an old building and history that gets me every time. I don't like instant that much, I like age spots and inconvenience and spirit.

I seem to waiver on so many things, but I feel happy with my decision here. I am at home before I even get started.

Now to get me some mus-kles and lose me some blubber or I will soon look like an old building.

No comments: