Friday, February 8, 2008

You Got to -- Accentuate the Posterior

14,038 Steps Brown Rice. Good. Mmmm.
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding. Gooder. Mmmm-er. And Nilla Wafers have fiber?

Wow, what a Friday. I can't write about it, but watch this space. Got out of work and went to dinner in the Village with friends. Exactly what the doctor ordered. My friend Tony came in to Mama Buddha where Sean and Frank and I were eating. He was with friends who know Frank and Sean and it was like the set for a television series where all the characters happen upon each other in the local village pub except this is New York City and the Village is not a village and I am not a local. Yet. Small world 2008. Which is great unless you are having an affair or on the lam. I am not having or on either so I loved it.
Mama Buddha is a great place to eat well and love life. I don't know why I say that save that is affordable, well lit, in a great location, no attitude, comfortable and has brown rice. Good times AND brown rice! The healthy plate I ordered was somewhat cancelled out by the banana pudding (SMALL size) I got at Magnolia Bakery afterwards. Oh and the DELISH basil pancake starter. Key word "Basil"? And I am weighing in at WW tomorrow morning. Boy am I playing with fire. OR "Boy am I playing with fibre." (Ar-ar. Those in Weight Watchers are rolling (sadly, still with the rolling) on the floor right now at my hefty humour.)

Must get some sleep. It is clear. I am working off of under 5 hours. Too little for this carcass. Night.

2 comments:

Tony Westbrook said...

HAH....after WE left Mama B's we went to Billy's Bakery!!! I didn't eat though...just smelled!
LOVED the two worlds and blogs uniting!! What a treat!!!

Criticlasm said...

I used to go to Mama Buddha every Friday night with the under 30 crowd after synagogue. To think I was under 30. Barely, but true. Wow. Love Mama Buddha.

Is the Biography bookshop still there on Bleeker across from Magnolia? Check it out if it is....