Monday, October 5, 2009

Do widzenia, Polish Hill

Goodbye, Polish Hill.

Marian and I departed for the airport early this morning. I knew it would be a choker. I think I fell in love with everyone I met here. It was one of those trips.

A good "caption" photo!

Joanne I fell in love with instantly and having to say goodbye so soon would be hard. I had heard about "Marian's little sister" for years and it was so great to finally meet her, but saying good bye was sad. A good sign if you really think about it.

And there was Paul and Jordan and Lily! Funny how you are almost like a foreign exchange student and your host family who has never met you puts you up and you fall for them. What great guys and great pup! Jordan will be in NYC soon so I will get to see him and I hope Paul will come this way as well. I cannot thank them enough.

And almost like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, it was saddest to say Do widzenia to my good pal, Marian. He made this trip possible and has been such a good friend to me over the years. To be able to share Pittsburgh with each other was amazing. To see where he grew up, where he was BORN! To just be around his love and wisdom was priceless.

Hey Marian, let's do it again!!!!

No comments: