Sunday, August 9, 2009

The World Bagpipe Band Championships

For the first time ever BBC Scotland is going to broadcast the the World Bagpipe Band Championships live on-line worldwide. This is so exciting for all of us around the globe who cannot be in Glasgow for the event.

I have excitement for this event like I do about the US Open Tennis and Wimbledon. Many of my friends will be there and competing. I have been on You Tube looking at different bands, following news on Twitter. This is truly getting to be a global, modern event.

I think even if you are not into bagpipe band competitions this is a well done video for on-line because it capture the excitement and anticipation very well. What do you think?



1 comment:

Jill said...

That is way cool. I hope I remember to watch on the 15th.