Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sandra Ponce de Leon - BuzzLogic

Blogging, Twittering and the Whole Damn Thing.

I have not talked about work too much on Man. Hat In because the blog is mostly about my life in and love for New York. But now that I think about it, working again would really add to both!

I want to work in the digital media space in some creative capacity with writing and producing.

There I said it.

Lately I have been connecting with some really great people on my journey. Sort of a Yellow Brick Road of Social and Digital Media.

Today I had a GREAT phone conversation with Sandra Ponce de Leon, Sr. Director of Marketing at BuzzLogic, a social media advertising company.

Talk about buzz, I was connected to her through my sister (who I guess I met through my parents!) whose old roommate John is the CFO and he set me up with Courtney, the VP of sales who connected me to Sandra. Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz. This is how it works folks - socially, professionally... and I am happy to do it for you if you tell me what you need...

She is out in San Francisco and we spoke on the phone. (Visualize split screen with Coit Tower in her bg and Empire State Building in mine.)


Sandra was kind and energetic and had a lot of smart and helpful things to say about moving in the direction I wanted to go. We spoke about Twitter and blogs and my home town!

When one is in that "in between jobs" phase it is important to:

1. Talk to people. Isolation (though often meditative and inspirational) is the kind of thing that eventually makes you insane and removes you from realizing possibility.

2. Talk to people who encourage and inspire you and are doing what sparks you. Not yes men, but not Debbie Downers either. People who can direct you and/or tell you you are on the right track. I think Sandra did both. She also already set on connecting me to leads. All in a 4th degree of separation phone call.

BuzzLogic works with targeted advertising in the blogosphere. Sandra is a blogger herself and writes about metal jewelry making. I loved hearing that. You can read her blog here.

The other thing I found inspirational is the bi-monthly vlog that she produces for Buzzlogic called Vino Diaries. Here she interviews key people in the digital media space while they sample wines at a local wine bar. Very San Francisco. I love it. My version, however, would have to be Seltzer Diaries, but no matter. (The editing is a bit like a filmed forced confession ransom note from the Middle East, but the idea is brill.)



Thanks Sandra for being an influencer in my life today!

1 comment:

SpDL said...

Lol Patrick..

"The editing is a bit like a filmed forced confession ransom note from the Middle East.."

Glad to have brought inspiration into your life!

@sandramp