Wednesday, November 7, 2007

These Widgets Can't Sunset

8956 Steps

The title of my post is a sentence I heard the head of marketing use in a meeting today. I thought it said it all. About what I do not know, but maybe about how far from reality it is possible to go yet find yourself in a new reality that is increasingly acceptable. It has nothing to do with trees or family or love or any of that, but of money and keeping on and the emperor's new personal communication device, and... I think I was shocked, but in love it at the same time.

Let's just do celebrity tidbits today. You know celebrities always come in threes. Not gonna touch that one, huh?


1. Robert Redford said hello to me today in the hallway at work. How MANY times does this keep happening to all of us??!! It is epidemic.






2. Went to see "August: Osage County" at the Imperial Theatre in NY tonight. Saw 80's icon Andrew McCarthy heading to his seat. Play had TWO great acts and then just went all soap opera and "your cousin is your BRUTHAAHHH" in the third act. I was so sad about that.


3. Saw Aaron Sorkin, genius writer of "The West Wing," alone outside the Music Box Theatre where his new play "The Farnsworth Invention" is in previews. Broadway does not get any greater to me than seeing the playwright alone outside the theatre during previews of HIS play - smoking a cigarette and pacing. V. cool siting.



These widgets may not be able to sunset, but I must. A long day of work and more Broadway glamour tomorrow.

No comments: